I have been reading about Quadblogging and listening to David Mitchell (@DeputyMitchell) - Deputy Headteacher and Founder of Quadblogging.
Quadblogging - in a nutshell is when four classes from anywhere around the world work together to read and respond to each others blogs. It is a way of increasing engagement on blogs - a blog without an audience doesn't work. It is vital that blogs have an audience - and when they have an authentic audience it is quite astounding the difference it makes.
I have been wondering about how we can use the quadblogging idea with our colleagues in order to get more traffic on our blogs but more so to create professional dialogue with our colleagues in order to challenge our thinking.
Watch this youtube clip and change Class 1 to Principal 1 and Class 2 to Principal 2 etc...
This is one way of increasing traffic on our blogs, it will create an authentic audience and also will create professional dialogue - all I need now is a group of colleagues to trial this. Fast Forward to those principals or senior leaders that put their names down for Blogging PD at the PD conference held at Lincoln in June.
Those who have committed to the PD have set up their blogs and finally the trial is going to start this week and will run for five weeks - people won't have to blog each week (they can if they want to though) but will have a responsibility to check in on whoever is the focus blog for the week and make a comment.
I really hope we all find this useful...and not just another thing we have to do!
Thanks Jo. This looks a really great idea - one that would be great to get up and running with a group. I like the fact that it is interactive and provides a useful way of sharing ideas and experiences. I am looking forward to reading and sharing with others during this initiative.
ReplyDelete