Thursday, March 10, 2016

What's on top? Sorting My Clutter!


We have started a  new practice of talking about what's on top for everyone at the beginning of a meeting.

A quick round the table giving people the chance to say what is on top for them allows people to get things on the table and then even if we can't answer the issue it is on the list and gets addressed at some point.

At a staff meeting two weeks ago we got all staff to write on post its anything that was on top for them - stick them to the wall and then park them so that they could concentrate on the topic of the PD session. There was a lot on top for people - there were a lot of post its! 

This is a great technique for clearing the mind - sometimes there is just so much I have to do and think about that I don't know where to start. I decided I needed to so that to move forward today as I have so much going on - and I just didn't want to forget anything.

What is the best online tool for sorting clutter? I decided to try Coggle - a collaborative mind mapping tool.




While I am not sure that I have totally cleared the clutter - at least I have got what's on top down on paper.  Not sure if Coggle was the best tool either as I don't think I can add to this once it is embedded on the blog. Time will tell.

Adding a screen shot 

No comments:

Post a Comment