Saturday, August 19, 2017

#LeadLAP Post 3 - Rapport

Earning Trust as a Leader
"As a leader, every action you take (or don't take), every interaction you have, every decision you make or leave unmade, every expression on your face, the tone in your voice, or the body language you convey - everything about you - either earns or erodes trust".


When I read this quote - I almost feel the pressure! That is because it is so true - in our leadership roles every interaction matters.

I wrote a post entitled Serendipity - Every Interaction Matters  earlier this year. Rather than rewrite this - I have linked it above.

How do I earn that much needed trust from our staff and school community? 



I try to remember that every interaction matters and I try to make every interaction matter.



How do you earn that much needed trust?

3 comments:

  1. It was so good to go back and re read your previous blog post Jo. I was also trying to find that blog post of George Couros' about the need to set the tone for the day. A very good reminder for us that a smile can make a huge difference. Thanks for the reminder and the links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo, the first quote is a great one and I don't blame you for feeling the pressure, as it is a quote that reaches for the sky. It is the ideal that every person should aim for as it is so importantant to work at building relationships but it is also important for people to be generous and value that people can be busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post and I am grateful for you for reminding the staff of this as it is so true. I loved the GAFE summit talk also on this and it has stuck with me. "Trust is the glue of life" and we must always continue to grow and develop our relationships. As our leader I admire the way you put this into your daily practice.

    ReplyDelete