Thursday, March 12, 2020

DFI #1 Core Business


I have been looking forward to beginning DFI for a few weeks now - the Digital Fluency Intensive offered to educators by Manaiakalani - 9 full days of professional learning where we will be supported to acquire digital fluency and also gorw our understanding of the Manaiakalani pedagogy and kaupapa.

It was great to have a refresher of the Manaiakalani story - a lot of amazing thinking and work has gone on behind the scenes for a number of years and I am grateful to be part of the Te Ara Tūhura Manaiakalani Outreach group. Our educators have been afforded many many professional learning opportunities that just would not have been available had we not been part of this group.

Although I think I am pretty handy using Docs and Google Drive I know that there is always more to learn and my hope was that I would have time to learn skills that would improve my confidence, capability and workflow in my worklife. I haven't come away from day one disappointed. Apart from all the handy tips, apps and extensions we have talked about today - the major bonus has been having the time to explore in the sandpit.

I am walking away today with:

- increased skills in using the tools that available in google drive and a renewed motivation to sort out my drive.
- reminders about the tools available to format docs.
- improved skills in creating professional looking documents/posters



- excellent resources made available to us for rewindable learning
- new connections within the Uru Mānuka and Te Ara Tūhura Clusters




2 comments:

  1. Great post Jo. It is great to see that you have accessed some great practical tips that you will take away with you. The upcoming weeks will be a great time to connect with other educators as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Jo,
    It is great to read your reflection of the day. I am glad that it lived up to your expectations! I hope we manage to keep that going over the next eight weeks.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete