Thursday, May 14, 2020

Ubiquitous Learning

The kaupapa of the day is Ubiquitous - especially pertinent for me today as I have just sat the Level 1 Google Educator exam. I have spent a few hours revisiting learning in my own time as the business of the school day has not allowed time for this. I have been grateful to be able to access the learning when it has suited me.

The last few weeks of DFI have ben full of new learning for me as well as revisiting some things I had already learned. One of the best things for me has been the way we have been able to access the rewindable learning afterwards to learn at my own pace.

What I really like about this is that because I knew that the learning was visible and that I had access to go back and revisit it, it took the stress (if there was any) out of the face to face (online) sessions. This must be the same for our learners in our schools - knowing that they can revisit the learning is extremely reassuring for them.



The Manaikalani kaupapa has been modelled so well for us in the running of the DFI over the last 9 weeks. 

The DFI seamlessly went online when Covid -19 forced us all to stay home, as did our learning programmes at school. 

The DFI has ensured that all learning is visible and shared with us well before we have to engage with it - as have our teachers who have ensured that this is the case for our learners. 

The DFI format has ensured there has been rewindable learning for all cohorts - just as our learning programmes have for our students.

We have been connected and have been sharing our learning - linked up with others teaching and leading throughout NZ, just like our learners at school have been connected and have been sharing their learning with their peers and also globally. 


                                           I think this slide said it all for me today.

At St Francis I would like us to aim to apply this to all our teaching and learning from here on in - capture the teaching and learning and make it rewindable for all our learners.

What is your biggest takeaway from the DFI?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jo!
    Well unfortunately it wasn't the Google Educator Certificate L1 YET! However, like you the DFI (coupled with lockdown/remote learning) has really opened my eyes to the world of digital possibilities both for me, and my learners. I will definitely be leaving in some of my remote programme planning in my onsite planning, because my students have been really engaged and 'visible' as learners. Good luck on your return to 'semi-normal' next week!

    ReplyDelete